L-Bracket Custom Designed for Sony A7 IV Arca-TypeThe L- Bracket has been machined from solid Aluminium T6061 block and black anodized for the scratch-resistant finish. The main feature of this L-Bracket is its two-piece design; the vertical piece of the L-Bracket can be extended to allow cable connection (cable connections are also possible without extending)
- Two-piece design; the vertical piece allows for the use of just the base plate
- Two safety stops in vertical and horizontal surfaces
- Slide-out mechanism, with hardened steel rods allow extending of the vertical plate for ease of use with cables or finding the center point of the image.
- Compatible with Arca-Swiss style tripod heads
- Easy battery access
- Built in Magnetic Allen Wrench Storage
- Strap Loop
- 1/4"-20 Threads (Side & Top) for Cold Shoe , Strap etc accessories (with additional holes for Anti-Rotation, A14 Pins Needed)
- Machined aircraft aluminum construction using CNC precision machines
- Unobstructed LCD access
- L-Bracket (Bottom Plate: PBSA1, Vertical Plate: )
- Removable strap loop
- Allen wrench
- Really Right Stuff
PROS: Made in USA; Rock solid stability and rigidity; Forward-shifted vertical section won't block A7IV port doors and flip-out screen, is closer to center of mass in portrait mounting, and doubles as a left-hand grip; Magnetic hex key storage location does not add height to the base plate like on cheaper brackets.
CONS: Vertical sensor plane indicator is inaccurate for A7IV; Vertical section shifts when sliding rods are being locked; Design of base plate results in A7IV battery door getting blocked by PMG accessories like PASL1 Strap Loop and PAH1 Bracket Plate Adapter;
OTHER THOUGHTS: Because of the forward-shifted vertical section, a camera with this bracket attached no longer fits into conventional "T" shaped slots of camera bags. Best to detach the entire bracket before storage, because the vertical section is not designed to be quickly removed and reattached. Even while separated from camera, this bracket's "3D" shape requires much more space in bag than a traditional L-Bracket. These are not cons as they are the tradeoff of the forward-shifted vertical component feature.