The ProMediaGear Guillotine flash bracket is designed to give you ultimate flexibility and ease of use. The main feature of the Guillotine flash bracket is that not only it rotates the flash 90 degrees around the lens, but it also rotates the flash itself 90 degrees around the flash shoe. The bracket features aircraft quality aluminum construction, precision, bearings, premium rotating mechanism and anti-locking pins and rotation guides. The Guillotine flash bracket mounts to the camera body using a ProMediaGear Arca-Swiss type & anti-twist custom or universal plate.
This model is designed for camera bodies with Grip/Batty Pack.
Canon 1D, 5D, 7D, 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D, 60D,T2i, Nikon D3, D3s, D3x, D2, D200, D300, D5000, D7000, Sony, Olympus, Panasonic etc.
- Perfect for bounce flash photography as flash remains upright in portrait shooting
- The flash bracket rotates the flash around the lens AND has a separate rotation of the flash around the flash shoe
- Rotation system uses precision bearings to provide smooth movement
- Aircraft Quality Aluminum T6061, very light and strong
- Lightweight, under 16 oz. - depending on configuration
- CNC precision machined construction
- Made in U.S.A
- 30 day money back guarantee with free shipping in the United States.
- Flash bracket
- Custom or universal plate selected by the customer. Please make sure to select the appropriate plate from the options above.
- Allen wrench for the camera plate and the flash bracket
- 1 year manufacturers warranty.
What You Will Need
- Flash cord appropriate for your camera make and model
- Due to our system not being able to calculate international shipping, the cost of shipping may be billed later.
- USPS Express $35 (Detailed Tracking and Delivery Confirmation)
Various Cameras pictured, Shown with optional equipment.
The fit and finish is great; however on a Nikon D750 with the battery add on and the PBNMBD16 plate, the front support hits the lens barrel with my Nikon 24-70 and hits the lens hood on my Nikon 50 mm 1.4 when it is in the horizontal position.
I have only used the new (to me) PMG guillotine flash bracket twice and first results are quite positive. Like other PMG products I have purchased, the bracket's build quality is tank-like sturdy and the engineering well thought out. All the other brand of flash brackets I have tried are flimsy, hard to use and before long, sitting unused in the back of my photo closet. The guillotine is quite useful for my smaller Olympus E-M1 mirrowless body with a battery grip and an installed PMG "L" bracket that mates right up to the flash bracket with a large threaded thumb and finger tightening knob.
Received my promedia guillotine just over a month ago and have used it in practicing phase and followed by two event. I have been very satisfied with both quality of construction and ease of use. I found the resistance of the joint set screws was a bit too loose and adjust them to desired resistance and no problems since. If I had it to do over I would have ordered with the dedicated camera base-plate instead of the universal just for that greater feel of stability and ease of installation. I would recommend this to anyone serious about getting their flash off of the camera directly.
I have now used this bracket for an entire season of Roller Derby. It is quite simply the most versatile and well constructed bracket that I have ever used. It does a great job of eliminating red-eye when on camera direct flash must be used. I can rotate the flash to Portrait orientation with a simple flick of the wrist as I turn my camera. I tell everyone that I meet about this amazing product.
I saw a colleague shooting at an event with this bracket and asked him about it. He had nothing but positive things to say, and I feel the exact same way. Excellent quality, durable, customizable, and very very useful. If you're going to shoot with on camera flash, this is absolutely the way to do it. Virtually eliminates the 'sillouette' blowback flash when shooting portrait length shots and completely eliminates red-eye so far with my use. I highly recommend.