Since the plate is custom designed it fits like a glove perfectly matching the camera shape. It also provides anti-rotation so that the plate doesn't slip or twist. Most of our users leave it on camera at all times and use with their Arca-Swiss type ball heads.
Weight: 1.5oz (45grams)
100% made, designed and assembled in the USA
- Hard black anodized surface coating with wear resistant finish
- Machined aircraft aluminum construction
- 1/4-20 thread for mounting other quick release plates/accessories
- Safety stops (ensure plate doesn't slip out if clamp is loosened accidentally)
- Strap loop is incorporated in the plates design.
- Captive mounting screw
- Allen wrench for mounting the plate
- Arca Swiss
- Really Right Stuff
I purchased this and 2 other camera plates for all my canon cameras after making a decision to change ball heads and seeing the quality put into all PMG products. I felt the product is solid, well made and fit all three fit my camera bodies like a glove. The machining is outstanding and they look great too. Highly recommended!
Fits perfectly snug on my 1DX. I use this plate for attaching to a tripod, as a receiver for the Boomerang bracket and as the mount point for my BlackRapid straps. It doesn't flex or twist at all, so it's reliable and secure.