- Custom-fit L-Bracket for the Sony A7 IV
- Captive 1/4-20"camera mounting screw
- Integrated magnetic Allen wrench storage
- Vertical and horizontal safety stops
- Built-in cold shoe
- Arca-Swiss compatible
- Offset Vertical Part for Unobstructed LCD access
- Easy battery access
- Precise centering lines for easy panorama shooting
- Made of Aircraft-grade aluminum
- Extra 1/4-20" mounts for straps and other accessories
- Integrated QR strap ports for ProMediaGear straps
- Sliding vertical piece for easy port access
- Compatible with the ProMediaGear A10 cable port protector
- Made in the USA
PLSA74T Arca-Swiss L-Bracket for Sony A7 IV Overview
The ProMediaGear PLSA74T Arca-Swiss L-Bracket for Sony A7 IV is made of CNC machined aluminum. It is durable, lightweight, and fits both camera models perfectly. It also has an offset vertical part so you can freely move the articulating screen.
This L-bracket allows for quick changes from portrait to landscape orientations. The camera position does not alter the composition drastically. Instead, you can adjust your composition without moving the tripod head.
Moreover, the PLSA74T fits all Arca-Swiss compatible clamps. Yes, other brands included. This makes it an excellent choice as an L-bracket for your Sony camera.
In addition, this ProMediaGear L-bracket has a sliding vertical piece for quick side port access. Other models block the cable ports. But, ProMediaGear designed this bracket for quick port access. Also, you may still access the battery port easily.
ProMediaGear added tons of extra features too. There are precise centering lines for panoramas. Then, if you have lots of accessories, the extra 1/4-20" mounts are perfect. Plus, this bracket even has an integrated magnetic Allen wrench storage.
Lastly, you may add the ProMediaGear A10 port protector for added security. This prevents the cable from getting removed while in use. This is helpful when the camera is stable and tethered.
If you are looking for a Sony A7 IV L-bracket then look no further. The ProMediaGear PLSA74T L-bracket has everything that you need. It is durable, lightweight, and custom-fitted for both models. Ultimately, you get a 5-year warranty too!
- Removable strap loop
- Allen wrench 5/32 inch, for camera mounting, and other for stop screws.
- Height: 3.35 Inches (85 mm)
- Width: 4.25 Inches (108 mm)
- Depth: 1.50 Inches (39 mm)
- Rotation 90°
- Weight: 6.1 oz - 174 grams
- Mount Thread: 1/4-20 with 5/32 inch Hex Screw
- Patent Pending
- Arca Swiss-Type Dovetail
- Really Right Stuff
PROS: Made in USA; Rock solid stability and rigidity; Forward-shifted vertical section won't block A7IV port doors and flip-out screen, is closer to center of mass in portrait mounting, and doubles as a left-hand grip; Magnetic hex key storage location does not add height to the base plate like on cheaper brackets.
CONS: Vertical sensor plane indicator is inaccurate for A7IV; Vertical section shifts when sliding rods are being locked; Design of base plate results in A7IV battery door getting blocked by PMG accessories like PASL1 Strap Loop and PAH1 Bracket Plate Adapter;
OTHER THOUGHTS: Because of the forward-shifted vertical section, a camera with this bracket attached no longer fits into conventional "T" shaped slots of camera bags. Best to detach the entire bracket before storage, because the vertical section is not designed to be quickly removed and reattached. Even while separated from camera, this bracket's "3D" shape requires much more space in bag than a traditional L-Bracket. These are not cons as they are the tradeoff of the forward-shifted vertical component feature.