- Maximum weight capacity: 150lbs
- Smooth panning and stable balance
- Tight locks
- Aircraft-grade 6061 aluminum alloy build
- Arca-swiss type compatible clamp
- Repositionable oversized knobs
- Separate adjustment and locking mechanisms
- Sealed stainless steel ball-bearings
- Standard 3/8-16 thread tripod mount
- Built-in bubble level
ProMediaGear GK Katana Gimbal Head Overview
Why choose the GK Katana gimbal head?
- Length: 10.5 inches (including knob)
- Width: 3.0 inches /4.3 inches (including knob)
- Height: 13.0 inches (including knob)
- Weight: 5.58 pounds / 2534grams
- Load Capacity: 150 lbs (68 KG)
- Mount Thread: 3/8-16
- Mounting Base: 2.98 inches
- (1) GK Katana Gimbal Head with Arca Type Cradle
- Lens Plate (PX6) (FREE Promotional Item)
- 5-year Warranty
I am really very happy and more than satisfied with my purchase. Excellence at all levels ! Comfort of use, very high-end finish, irreproachable quality, smoothness and precision of the mechanisms. Everything is perfect ! The centering and balance of my equipment, the firmness of the safe tightenings, the absence of vibrations, the fluidity of the panoramics... The pinnacle ! BRAVO to the whole team for this marvel of engineering.
It colors my world. I wish I had this head a long time ago. It's my first gimbal head and I will never leave home without it. The first time I've installed my Nikkor 500mm f/5.6 on it with my D-850, many other photographers came close to me and even give it a try. Thanks again!
For the past 15 years I have tried and used several gimbal heads to support my long lenses to photograph birds in flight. When I tried the Katana Gimbal Head owned by a friend, I was immediately impressed and decided to purchase one myself. Now I have used this gimbal head for a dozen of times under various shooting conditions. The ProMediaGear Katana gimbal head has uncompromising build quality and easy to set up and use. The operation is very smooth, making it almost effortless to track wildlife or any objects in motion. It’s large enough to support super telephoto lenses and definitely a very versatile gimbal head for outdoor and sports photographers. ProMediaGear’s excellent customer services make owning the product a peace of mind.
I’ve had a cheap Gimbal Head for some time and decided I needed something more sturdy. The GK Katana is heavy but extremely well built. I love it of my old Nikkor 2.8 400mm and new 5.6 200-500. The fit and finish is perfect. The ease of use is spectacular compared to the cheap one. I love it and can’t believe I was too cheap to buy it in the first place.
Great quality. Smooth action. Love it.